Excellent characteristics of epoxy resins
- Excellent mechanical strength
- Excellent resistance to heat
- Excellent resistance to chamicals
- Excellent adhesive strength
- Low curing contraction
Curing of one-part epoxy resins
Characteristics of one-part epoxy resins
- One-part, which is easily managed.
- Low probability of skin damage due to the hardener.
- Excellent heat resistance.
- Needs heat for curing.
- Thick film curing may be difficult.
- Probability of uncured state when used in a minute clearance.
Points for selecting one-part epoxy resins
|Properties before curing||Viscosity, thixotropy, and color|
|Curing conditions||Heat resistance of workpieces and time from application to curing|
|Properties after curing||Adhesive strength, hardness, elasticity, luster, properties of insulation and heat dissipation, and ease of repair|
|Strength during heating (hot processing)||Tg (Glass transition temperature)|
Curing of two-part epoxy resins
Characteristics of two-part epoxy resins
- Cures at room temperature without heating.
- Excellent chemical resistance and dielectricity.
- Burdensome measuring and blending of two agents.
- Probability of skin irritation due to the hardener.
- Short working time.
Points for selecting two-part epoxy resins
|Base agent||Consider color and viscosity.|
|Hardener||Curing time/temperature, strength, flexibility, etc.|
Frequently Asked Questions from customers
- Use a glass transition point as a measure of the maximum temperature for adhesion. Pyrolysis temperature of the epoxy resin is from about 250 to about 350°C.
- Basically, it is impossible, although it may sometimes become more peelable when soaked in a solvent or heated above the glass transition point.
- One of the following might be a cause:
One-part: Insufficient temperature and/or time, sinking, or separation.
Two-part: Incorrect blending ratio, mis-blending, or insufficient temperature and/or time.
Epoxy resins are one-part or two-part industrial materials that have respective advantages and can be exploited in a wide variety of industries offering excellent mechanical strength, heat resistance, and chemical resistance.
We, ThreeBond, are always making efforts to offer products that will best suit your design requirements.