Makes bolts themselves offer excellent locking and sealing
The precoat process for bolts is a process technology in which a special nylon or high-reactive sealant is applied to the threads of bolts to add excellent locking and sealing functions to themselves.ThreeBond provides the following two types of process technologies:
What is ThreeLock process?
- ThreeLock process is a process technology in which a nylon based resin is melted and adhered to the threads of bolts to add an anti-loosing effect to them.
- Properties of nylon resin are applied to improve the locking function of bolts. The process show excellent effects.
Effects of ThreeLock process
To prevent loosening (locking)
Elasticity of nylon generates friction retentivity, and stops the relative motion of the screw.
To prevent leaking (sealing)
When the processed screw is tightened, nylon completely fills the space between the male thread and the female thread.
Repulsion elasticity of nylon prevents loosening so that you can adjust in re-tightening loosening screws.
This process can be applied to the same bolts repeatedly.
This process complies with the JASO requirement (test method for car parts), and bolts can be reused over five times because of the excellent properties of the special nylon; elasticity, abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, excellent adhesive strength to the bolt material.
This is one of excellent characteristics of the ThreeLock process. Reactive locking agents cannot be applied to the same bolts repeatedly.
Application examples of ThreeLock process
- Preventing small screws used in cellular phones and notebook personal computers from dropping
- Preventing small screws used in car navigation systems and car audio systems from loosening
- Preventing small screws used in eyeglasses and various bolts from loosening
What is MEC process?
MEC process is a process technology in which a microencapsulated sealing and locking agent is specially applied to the threads of screws or bolts to provide sealing and locking ability to screws.
Reaction initiates by tightening a screw.
- MEC-processed screws have a dry resin film. When screwed in, their microcapsule breaks and the contained binding ingredients seep out, causing a curing reaction.
- The sealing and locking agent is activated only by assembling and offers an excellent effect in being integrated with a screw.
Merits of MEC process
To upper management
It makes great contribution to stable business management in the period of low growth by reducing the management cost and increasing added values through its high functionality.
To field staff
As the sealing/locking effect is achieved simply by tightening it just like normal screws, the work processes can be simplified.
To design and technical staff
As this function is provided to the screw itself, it does not require any locking agent, sealant or sealing tape. It also prevents application failures and variations by the operator.
To purchasing staff
It reduces administrative expenses of parts remarkably, and enables to reduce total costs from various respects.
Application example of MEC process
Application example of MEC process
- Fixing various screws in motor-driven tools
- Preventing oil leakage from engine plugs
- Fixing various screws in electric equipment for cars
- Preventing general household/electric appliances from getting loose in various ways
The precoat process for bolts is a process technology in which screws or bolts themselves provide excellent sealing and locking ability. it is a very environmentally-friendly technology that has been increasingly demanded in the market, and greatly reduces costs as well.
We, ThreeBond, are always making efforts to offer products that will best suit your design requirements.